ABOUT PHONIC BOOKS DANDELION READERS VOWEL SPELLINGS LEVEL 1 THE MAIL ACTIVITIES
Interest Level: 5-7 years
Dandelion Readers, Level 1 Activities are first reader books by Phonic Books which introduce children to a few letters and sounds at a time. This activity book accompanies Dandelion Readers Vowel Spellings, Level 1 and is perfect for children in Kindergarten and Grade 1 who are learning to read, gradually introducing different vowel spellings through a series of activities.
Two books for every stage provide phonics practice while offering different stories and encouraging independent reading from the start of their journey. Each stage introduces new letters and sounds while supporting any previously taught phonic letters or sounds and high-frequency words or sight words.
Book 1: The Mail (spelling ‘ai’ for the sound /ae/)
Book 2: The Tree (spelling ‘ee’ for the sound /ee/)
Book 3: Raj Gets a Soak (spelling ‘oa’ for the sound /oa/)
Book 4: My Turn (spelling ‘ur’ for the sound /er/)
This beginner reader series features:
– Activities to practice previously taught spellings in Dandelion Readers Vowel Spellings, Level 1.
– Reading material aimed at children aged 5-7.
– Vowel spellings which introduce a vowel team. An example of this is spelling ‘ea’ for the sound ‘e’, like the word ‘head’.
This 226-page phonics activity book features:
– Introduction to the activity book
– A variety of activities to practice phonics materials taught in the accompanying book Dandelion Readers Vowel Spellings, Level 1
About Phonics Books: Written especially for emergent, beginner, catch-up and struggling readers who require extra support, Phonic Books are a hi-interest, age-appropriate, decodable book series that ensure reading success and build confidence from the outset. Books, games, and activities developed by Phonic Books are designed to engage your child or students whether they are just starting out, or are struggling to read.