ABOUT PHONIC BOOKS DANDELION READERS VOWEL SPELLINGS LEVEL 2 VIV WAILS BINDUP
Interest Level: 5-7 years
Learn how to read with Dandelion Readers decodable books for beginner readers.
Dandelion Readers, Level 2 are first reader books by Phonic Books which introduce children to a few letters and sounds at a time. The pack of 12 books is perfect for children in Kindergarten and Grade 1 who are learning to read, gradually introducing different vowel spellings through a series of stories.
Two books for every stage provide phonics practice while offering different stories and encouraging independent reading from the start of their journey. Each stage introduces new letters and sounds while supporting any previously taught phonic letters or sounds and high-frequency words or sight words.
Book 1: Viv Wails (/ae/: ‘ai’, ‘ay’, ‘a’)
Book 2: Sweet Dream (/ee/: ‘ee’, ‘e’, ‘ea’)
Book 3: Toad Moans and Groans (/oa/: ‘oa’, ‘o’, ‘ow’)
Book 4: Meg Gets Dirty (/er/: ‘ur’, ‘er’, ‘ir’)
This beginner reader series features:
– An introduction in every book to two or three alternative spellings for each of the vowel sounds.
– Reading material aimed at children aged 5-7.
– Vowel spellings which introduce a vowel team. An example of this is vowel spellings ‘ea’/’e’/’ai’ for the sound ‘e’.
This pack of 12 decodable books containing 12 pages features:
– ‘How to Use This Book’ guidance page with ‘This book introduces’ text box, including information about the new sound being introduced, sounds learned from previous books, high-frequency words and important notes on the sound.
– ‘Before reading this book, the reader needs to know’, ‘This book introduces’, ‘High-frequency words’, ‘Vocabulary’ and ‘Talk about the story’ information.Reading and spelling practice.
– Story pages (numbers 1-6).
– Photocopyable game page to reinforce the sounds and letters learned throughout the book.
About Phonics Books: Written especially for emergent, beginner, catch-up and struggling readers who require extra support, Phonic Books are a hi-interest, age-appropriate, decodable book series that ensure reading success and build confidence from the outset. Books, games, and activities developed by Phonic Books are designed to engage your child or students whether they are just starting out, or are struggling to read.