ABOUT PHONIC BOOKS DANDELION LAUNCHERS EXTRAS STAGES 1-7 I AM SAM
Interest Level: Ages 3-5
Learn how to read with Dandelion Launchers Extras decodable books for beginner readers.
Dandelion Launchers Extras Stages 1-7 are first reader books by Phonic Books which introduce children to a few letters and sounds at a time. The pack of 14 books runs parallel to Dandelion Launchers Stages 1-7 and is perfect for children in Pre-K and Kindergarten who are learning to read, teaching different letter patterns through a series of stories.
Two books for every stage provide phonics practice while offering different stories and encouraging independent reading from the start of their journey. Each stage introduces new letters and sounds while supporting any previously taught phonic letters or sounds and high-frequency words or sight words.
Book 1a: I Am Sam (Stage 1: s, a, t, i, m)
Book 1b: On the Mat (Stage 1: s, a, t, i, m)
Book 2a: A Man (Stage 2: n, o, p)
Book 2b: A Map (Stage 2: n, o, p)
This beginner reader series features:
– New letters and sounds introduced through each unit (1-7) by sounding them out (sat, s – a – t).
– Reading material aimed at children aged 4-6.
– CVC words (consonant-vowel-consonant). Three letters producing distinct sounds when blended that are simple to sound out. An example of this is sun, s-u-n.
This pack of 14 decodable books containing 12 pages features:
– ‘How to Use This Book’ guidance page with ‘This book introduces’ text box, including information about the new sounds introduced, sounds learned from previous books, high-frequency words and important notes on the sound.
– Story pages (numbers 1-6) with one line of text per page.
– Game Instructions.
– Photocopyable game page to reinforce the sounds and letters learnt throughout the book.
About Phonics Books: Written especially for emergent, beginner, catch-up and struggling readers who require extra support, Phonic Books are a hi-interest, age-appropriate, decodable book series that ensure reading success and build confidence from the outset. Books, games, and activities developed by Phonic Books are designed to engage your child or students whether they are just starting out, or are struggling to read.