Start your communication journey with a BIGmack speech device. With a press of the large colored top, an individual can communicate a single message up to 2-minutes long. New messages are easily and quickly recorded to the BIGmack on the fly throughout the day to provide opportunities to communicate in almost any scenario.
- Includes ableCARE on-demand support
- Built ableSTRONG to endure drops and other environmental conditions
- Made from ableSAFE materials and tested by third-party safety labs
- Request like “I want” or “I need help”
- Participate in an activity with “turn the page” or “It’s your turn”
- Tell your classmates what you did over the weekend during a morning meeting
- Add communication to a switch controlled toy or appliance
- Better than ever digital sound output suitable for almost any environment
- Includes red, yellow, green, and blue colored tops
- Clear snap cover to attach picture symbols and provide communication context to the user
- Soft-touch coating makes the device easier to hold
Symbol overlays are not included with the BIGmack. Download the free AbleNet Symbol Overlay app for iPad to create symbol overlays for your AbleNet speech device.
- Messages/Levels: 1 message up to 2-minutes long / 1 level
- Recording Time: 2-min
- Switch Input: 1
- Toy/Appliance Output/ECU: 1
- Activation Surface: 5-in/12.7-cm
- Activation Force: 3 to 5-oz/85 to 142-g
- Weight with Battery: 15.5-oz/439-g
- Battery Type: 9-volt, It is highly recommended to use a standard alkaline 9V battery with this device. Alternative batteries may be comprised of materials that do not distribute power in a suitable manner, and when installed, some users may experience inconsistencies.
- Mounting Connection: Quick Ready Mounting Plate for Assistive Technology
In 1985 AbleNet was founded with the core mission of helping individuals with disabilities reach their human potential. It started with a simple piece of assistive technology available only in Minnesota and has evolved to a portfolio of AbleNet assistive technology solutions available globally. AbleNet’s company approach has been to develop outstanding products and combine that strength with an operational excellence model. By concentrating on powerful products and highly efficient operations, AbleNet has become a global leader in its categories of products.
Through its extensive history in assistive technology and a unique operational excellence model, AbleNet expanded its offering to include high-tech speech-generating devices (SGDs) paid for by medical insurance in the United States. The expansion into this business has allowed AbleNet to help many more individuals reach their human potential by providing voices to the voiceless. AbleNet works with thousands of clinic- and school-based speech-language pathologists to deliver its high-tech speech device, QuickTalker Freestyle, to their clients and students in a matter of days or weeks – allowing the recipient’s communication journey to begin.
Looking for other AbleNet products? Secrest is proud to distribute the AbleNet product line to our customers in Canada. A few select AbleNet products can be purchased directly through our webstore, however customers can also view the full line of AbleNet products on their website and request a Canadian price quote from us.